I’ll admit, I’ve been kind of a lurker on SHIBArmy ever since I bought in a month or so ago. However, seeing the camaraderie and positivity continuously displayed here has spurred me into action. I’ll try to keep this post as concise as possible while providing all the information needed to prove that the ShibaBurn Playlist is nothing but a cash grab by Steven Cooper and Bigger Entertainment.
Nothing irks me more than seeing Steven Cooper masquerade around promoting his playlist under the pretense that the 20% profit burn will bring Shiba to $0.01. He’s feeding you false promises and hopes in order to line his own pockets. This past month alone, he’s burned 514 million SHIB, which equates to roughly $25,000. What most people don’t realize is that the other 80% of the profits, $100,000, is going straight into Steven Cooper’s pockets. The music featured on his playlist are bottom shelf, as anyone who’s listened to the playlist can attest to. He’d be lucky to break 1,000 listens per month if not for SHIBArmy. If he was truly a good Samaritan for SHIB, he’d commit to using 100% of the profits to burn SHIB, or even 80-90%. Again, this is PROFIT, so he’s already paid the artists, himself, and whatever other expenses are incurred by the creation of the playlist.
If that’s not enough, as many have pointed out, electricity costs and depreciation of your hardware due to running 24/7 FAR outweigh the miniscule amount of SHIB burned with each listen. Honestly, if everyone that listened to the ShibaBurn Playlist just purchased $1 worth of SHIB and sent it to the burn address, we’d have burned over twice the amount of SHIB that Steven Cooper has.
Please don’t continue to feed Steven Cooper and Bigger Entertainment additional cash income, the only interest he has in mind is for himself. He’s banked over $100,000 from SHIBArmy for himself this past month alone, and based on the quality of music he’s producing, that’s probably orders of magnitudes greater than his revenue before.
TLDR: Steven Cooper and Bigger Entertainment pocketed over $100,000 from SHIBArmy this past month. The only interest they have is for themselves, as evident by the measly 20% profit burn. Stop listening to him and encouraging others to, as you are actually losing money from electricity costs and hardware depreciation.
EDIT: A lot of people in the comments really seem to believe that Steve Cooper’s burns are contributing to the price of SHIB. It’s not. It’s a purely symbolic gesture in order for him to eventually become a millionaire off of SHIBArmy from Spotify revenue. He could burn for 100 years and the price of SHIB would not budge a single bit. While I agree that “every little bit helps”, blatantly exploiting this community for his own gain while tossing us crumbs is not helping anyone but himself.
My goal with this post was to bring awareness and shed a different perspective. I just got sick and tired of seeing his burn playlist reposted 20 times a day as if it’s actually making a difference in the price. He advertises it as so in order to make himself richer, not you or me. No amount of listens to this playlist is going to even create a drop in the proverbial ocean. It’s a scheme to make one person rich, not the other way around.
submitted by /u/ixnxsxoxo
Leave a Reply